Yes it’s here, the most wonderful time of the year – it’s best albums of the year time where we all get to discuss what we have loved this year and disagree loudly or agree with passion other lists that are published.
After our biggest year for growth of readers, subscribers and retweets from the artists themselves, we’ve gone even bigger and are going for a top 65 albums of 2016.
So to start you off we have our best EP’s of 2016 and the first 6 albums of our countdown!
Top Albums of 2016 (65-60):-
65. Dalek – Asphalt for Eden – Post Rock Hip Hop belched up from the sewer with the odd gust of fresh air!
64. Nails – You Will Never Be One Of Us – How can something so crusty and brutal have so much rhythm – this is how! Epic Noise-smithery!
63. Milk Teeth – Vile Child – Old school Grunge with some serious pop ears attached! Chunky & melodious Girlvana!
62. Unlocking the Truth – Chaos – Face plant into riff after killer riff on this metal album that sounds like it’s been born in the skate park!
61. Beehoover – Primitive Powers – Razor sharp bass & thunderous grooves infused with soaring prog undertones!!
60. Red Hot Chili Peppers – The Getaway – Take Californication add some thump and funk and you get their best album in 14 years!!
Massive Attack – Ritual Spirit – Warped & wonky electro glitch noises that sound like they are left to bake in the African desert
Davie Allen/Joel Grind – Split EP – Trashy fuzzed up surf rock in a Cramps vibe! Fast paced, hits hard and over all to quickly!
Toska – Ode to The Author – Like punching a bear in the face & winning with And So I Watch You For Afar & Mushuggah as your cheerleaders!
Karma to Burn – Mountain Czar – A little hard rock gem of an record – Comes fast, hits you hard and leaves you breathless!
Yuksek – Sweet Addiction – This EP is the sexiest slice of electro pop you’ll hear this year – get down & funky!
Taylor Hawkins – Kota – A little slice of Classic rock worship mixing up a bit of Queen, Kiss & Pink Floyd!
Scissorfight – Chaos County – Stoner riffs with the slowed down intensity of hardcore punk
Enjoy my musical teapots!