It’s time – wrap your ears around this! Enjoy our Top Albums of 2016 – hope you loved yours as much as we loved ours.
10. Lumineers – Cleopatra – Simple but beautifully gentle folk ballads from a Dylan-esk storyteller!
9. Jimmy Eat World – Integrity Blues – This is meant to be played on the top of mountains with the wind blowing in your hair! Stirring stuff!
8. Metallica – Hardwired…to Self Destruct – The riff is king and the riff is goooooood! This record has a Black Album in 21st Century vibe!
7. Kvelertak – Nattesferd – Sounding like Cheap Trick reimagined as a death ‘n’ roll band with a healthy slab of Thin Lizzy guitar play thrown in!
6. Iggy Pop – Post Pop Depression – Exactly what you would expect QOTSA meets Iggy to sound like – Effortlessly cool desert art post-punk!!
5. Asylums – Killer Brain Waves – The most exciting, pogo energy, punk album in ages! Try not to tear down the walls and break stuff when you put this on!
4. Weezer – White Album – This record bounces along with their usual energy and love of chunky but somehow uplifting guitars! Sounding like there younger selfs again.
3. Hey! Hello! – Hey! Hello! Too – Refreshing wall of sound punk power chords & riffs that will never leave your head beg you to play it LOUD!
2. Obake – Draugr – Yeti like fuzzy sludge riffs married with Faith No More choruses to make one hell of a beast of a record! You better check you’ve still got your feet on the ground!
1 . Foy Vance – The Wild Swan – A beautiful & delicate record from Northern Ireland’s very own Springsteen. This album will bring you to tears (true story) and make you celebrate being alive. Common musical themes are cleverly threaded through the record which means you are taken on a transcending folk journey. Best enjoyed with the lights turned down low, headphones on and just get lost in that voice!
Enjoy my musical teapots!
Until next year – see you on Twitter @AEmusic1line